- In art the hand can never execute anything higher
than the heart can inspire - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When one door closes another door opens; but we often
look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the
ones which open for us - Alexander Graham Bell
- "Truth is eternal, knowledge is changeable. It is
disastrous to confuse them." --Madeleine L'Engle, An Acceptable Time
- When all other means of communications fail, try words.
- "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet.
Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened,
ambition inspired, and success achieved." -Helen Keller
- "Our character is what we do when we think no one
is looking." -H. Jackson Browne
- The important thing is not to stop questioning - Albert
- "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
--Gen. George Patton
- When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced...
Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice -- Cherokee
- "The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when
you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear
everything else."--Oswald Chambers
- If you were going to die soon and had only one phone
call you could make, who would you call, and what would you say? And why are
you waiting? - Stephen Levine
- "The truth of the matter is that you always know the
right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." --Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf
- Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all
your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get
good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough. --William Saroyan
- Do or do no. there is no try - Yoda (The Empire
- Everything has been figured out, except how to live
- Jean-Paul Sartre
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate -
- "A hero is someone we can admire without apology."
--The New York Time
- Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish
the rest - Mark Twain
- "Look at everything as though you were seeing it
for the first time or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with
glory." --A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- It is better to be quotable than to be honest - Tom
- Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you
is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron. - George Carlin
- It is not the end of the end, it's not even the beginning
of the end, it is onle the end of the beginning - Winston Churchill
- To live fully is to let go and die with each passing
moment, and to be reborn in each new one. -- Jack Kornfield
- Whenever you find that you are on the side of the
majority, it is time to reform. -- Mark Twain
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or
no influence on society. -- Mark Twain
- Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.
- "Everything has been figured out, except how to live.
" - Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)
- A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell
and make you feel happy to be on your way.
- "No one owns his own life. Everyone, no matter how
insignificant, has an effect on someone else, just as a stone sends out ripples
when cast into still water. A person whose life doesn't touch another is a
person without a shadow." -- Paul Lowney
- "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than
to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
- "The true test of character is not how much we know
how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do." -John Holt
- "He who controls the past commands the future. He
who commands the future conquers the past." -George Orwell
- "For every dark light there is a bright way out."
- "A common mistake that people make when trying to
design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of
complete fools." -Douglas Adams
- "When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always
tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" -Sydney J. Harris
- "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
-John F. Kennedy
- "Asking a question with no answer is the only way
you'll ever learn" -Bud
- Experience is something you don't get until just
after you need it.
- " Do it today, tommorow it might be illegal." -Unknown
- "Life moves pretty fast. If you don'y stop and look
around once in a while, you might miss it" -Ferris Bueller